Under the guidance of engineering team member or deployment supervisor or supervision of Lead Installation Technician the Installation Technician-I supports the installation of various security, surveillance, access control systems, and associated equipment. Specific duties include the following:
- Installation, Maintenance and Repair of Security System and Network Infrastructures to include:
- Measure, cut, splice, crimp, terminate, connect, solder, and install electrical or electronic cable and wiring.
test, troubleshoot, repair, replace, or adjust electronic equipment,
components, or systems to include:
- Conduit, raceways, cable trays, junction boxes, panels, enclosures, low voltage circuits, and related hardware
- Read and understand work orders, instructions, schedules, formulas, processing charts, schematics, wire diagrams, blueprints, and technical drawings.
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment, including adjustment, cleaning and repairs.
- Assemble, disassemble, and install video and data communication lines and hardware, computer systems, and security and surveillance systems using hand and power tools.
- Apply basic electric theory (voltage, amperes, and ohms) to install, test, troubleshoot, or replace electronic power, communication, and control systems.
- Use electronic test devices to calibrate, adjust, or modify electronic equipment to specification or to enhance performance.
- Climb poles and ladders, construct camera pole and roof mounts and/or reinforcements and mix concrete to enable equipment installation.
- Clean and maintain tools, test equipment, and motor vehicle.
- Complete log books, daily timesheets, expense vouchers, and verbal and written status reports as directed.
- Dig holes or trenches as required.
- Attend and complete developmental and refresher training to improve or maintain technical skills.
- Conducts personal safety check and adheres to established safety standards, guidelines, and directives.
- Required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) to include eye protection, hard hat, gloves, reflective vest, steel toed boots and special PPE as directed.
- Confirm operational status and functionality of all installations
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of a technical school program or experience as an electrician’s helper or equivalent job with rudimentary knowledge of basic electric theory or minimum of twelve months basic construction experience required.
- Fundamental understanding of basic hand and power tool use.
- Basic understanding of computer concepts, applications, and configuration; electronic and computer equipment hardware and software, and operation of telecommunications broadcasting, switching, and control.
- Basic knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Able to obtain and maintain required security clearances.
- Able to communicate with vendors, customer and employees at all levels by exhibiting good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work designated schedule as well as maintain attendance and punctuality.
- Able to travel (approximately 60-80% of the time) to remote US locations.
- Able to secure a US Passport and/or Passport card as required
- Able to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license; able to meet company safe driving requirements.
- Able to work in confined spaces
SPECIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This is a possible requirement**
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 60 lbs.
- Must be able to work in indoor and outdoor environments exposed to varying high or low temperatures.
- Must have sufficient physical agility to walk, climb, stand, crawl, and stretch on a continuing basis.
- Must be able to work at moderately high heights up to 40 feet above the ground using bucket trucks, scissor lifts, and ladders.
- Must be able to travel in airplanes to and from destinations on a regular basis
- Must be able to identify colors for cable identification and installation purposes
Conrad G. Celestial Jr. – President
Unalakleet Investments LLC
Tel: 717-491-9994 / 240-625-6345